Monday, February 15, 2010

Life Lessons

So I got up this morning and ate some pancakes. Then I settled down on the couch to read over some notes from my Bible study. I had some great quiet time and felt ready to tackle the day ahead of me. As I got ready and chatted with my roomie I was looking forward to what was ahead of me at Quantum Learning Training. I should have known it was going to be an off day as I nearly face planted on my icy doorstop. Successfully I made it down three flights of stairs to the treacherous parking lot, got my car scraped off and headed to work. Traffic was slow moving due to the "inclement" weather. To Tennesseans the word inclement weather means moisture in the air. Once I turned down the street getting closer to my school I noticed quickly there were only two cars in the parking lot. Keep in mind it was 7:50 and I was to be there at 7:45. An eery feeling crept into my stomach as I pulled in the parking lot. The front door was propped open with a planter which was unusual considering the cold temperature. I decided to park near the front door and enter that way. I walked in and the lights are on in the front, but the lights down the side hallways were off. Weird, I thought. Have I entered the twilight zone? The media center had lights on and again the door was propped open. My fearless principal was inside and greeted me with the news that we were on a two-hour delay. Lesson learned watch the news in the morning.

1 comment: